The Molecular Graphics Laboratory Forum

AutoDock, AutoLigand, MGLTools, Vina, PyRx and more.
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:01 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Hello! My name is Alex. Sorry for my bad English. I installed Cinema 4D R13 for windows 7 64 bit, but I did not install the plugin ePMV! I did everything according to the instructions as stated on this page http://epmv.scripps.edu/download-install-free/perhost # TOC-Cinema4D-R12 --- R13 But in the Cinema 4D plug-in does not appear! I do not even know where to look. In your statement indicated that the plugin appears in the menu python> plugins> epmv. But in Cinema 4D R13 is no menu python, there is a menu script! In the menu there is a submenu script plugins! From the main menu plugins also does not appear ePMV! Cinema 4D shows no errors, but the plugin did not appear anywhere. How can I be and where to find it? I'm trying to figure out for a week. The menu script> plugin manager there are two files and epmv_synchro.pyp epmv_c4d_plugin.pyp. But the file is marked epmv_c4d_plugin.pyp defective. Help solve the problem, I'll be very grateful. Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 pm 
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

hi Alex,

in r13 the plugin should appear in "Plugins", if he doesnt you need to look at the console (Scripts->Console) to see what is the error. Usually it is either 32/64bits error, or just python path error. So tell me the content of the error messag in the console.

Ludovic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\MGLToolsPckgs
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "'epmv_c4d_plugin.pyp'", line 109, in <module>
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\ePMV\epmvGui.py", line 13, in <module>
from ePMV import comput_util as C
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\ePMV\comput_util.py", line 14, in <module>
import numpy.oldnumeric as Numeric
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\numpy\__init__.py", line 136, in <module>
import add_newdocs
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\numpy\add_newdocs.py", line 9, in <module>
from numpy.lib import add_newdoc
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\numpy\lib\__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
from type_check import *
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\numpy\lib\type_check.py", line 8, in <module>
import numpy.core.numeric as _nx
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\numpy\core\__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
import multiarray
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 í¥ __業襬 Win32.
COFFEE ERROR!
(118) Variable or function expected
File: RockGen.cob
Line: 1
Row: ~1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:47 pm 
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Ok I think what is going on it is a problem in the architecture recognition system.
is this from the C4D 32bits or the 64bits executable ?
can you try the 32bits executable ?

in the meantimes I will do some test on a windows vista 64bits.

Ludovic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:31 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

In the 32 bit version appeared plugin, but when I click on it opens a blank window! In this window, there is nothing, it is empty. Here is what is written in the console:

C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\MGLToolsPckgs
Exception AttributeError: "BooleanVar instance has no attribute '_tk'" in <bound method BooleanVar.__del__ of <Tkinter.BooleanVar instance at 0x14904CB0>> ignored
Exception AttributeError: "BooleanVar instance has no attribute '_tk'" in <bound method BooleanVar.__del__ of <Tkinter.BooleanVar instance at 0x14904CB0>> ignored
COFFEE ERROR!
(118) Variable or function expected
File: RockGen.cob
Line: 1
Row: ~1
execute
try to restore
None
<module 'c4d' (built-in)>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "'epmv_c4d_plugin.pyp'", line 126, in Execute
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\ePMV\epmvGui.py", line 1200, in setup
epmv = ePMV.epmv_start(self.host,debug=0)
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\ePMV\__init__.py", line 27, in epmv_start
from ePMV.cinema4d.c4dAdaptor import c4dAdaptor as adaptor
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\ePMV\cinema4d\c4dAdaptor.py", line 10, in <module>
from ePMV.epmvAdaptor import epmvAdaptor
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\ePMV\epmvAdaptor.py", line 40, in <module>
from ePMV.lightGridCommands import addGridCommand
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\ePMV\lightGridCommands.py", line 65, in <module>
from Volume.Renderers.UTVolumeLibrary.DejaVu.UTVolRenGeom import UTVolRenGeom
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\Volume\Renderers\UTVolumeLibrary\DejaVu\UTVolRenGeom.py", line 21, in <module>
from Volume.Renderers.UTVolumeLibrary import UTVolumeLibrary
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\Volume\Renderers\UTVolumeLibrary\UTVolumeLibrary.py", line 2, in <module>
from UTpackages.UTvolrend.UTVolumeLibrary import *
File "C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl32\/MGLToolsPckgs\UTpackages\UTvolrend\UTVolumeLibrary.py", line 7, in <module>
import _UTVolumeLibrary
ImportError: DLL load failed: ϰ렱ᮩ â ¯_à¬¬å ¨í¨¶è «è§ _ᨡ먮_ 䨭ନ_ꮬﮭ蠨DLL).
execute

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:54 pm 
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Just to be sure, did you replace the python framework of Cinema4D in the resource folder
e.g. C:\Program Files\MAXOB\CINEMA 4D\resource/modules/python/res/

About the last error : get the latest version here
http://mgldev.scripps.edu/projects/ePMV ... MV-0.4.zip
This should hopefully solve the 32bits issue.
unzip this will gave you two folder named ePMV and upy. Place them in your ePMV plugin folder under MGLToolsPckgs:
and
C:\Users\-\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0\plugins\ePMV\mgl64\MGLToolsPckgs

Ludovic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 am 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Hi there, i have the same problem.

The plugin don't appear on the plugin window, and also after copying and re-naming the DLL in both 32 and 64 bits folder, cinema 4D just says that there's a problem with the Python DLL that was not found and re-installing would solve the problem.

I put the emv folder on the C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R13_05DFD2A0 ( because it is the path, when i click in Cinema 4D's menu, go to Edit->Preferences Click [Open Preferences Folder] button.

And them follow the instructions for the dll, but no luck.

Any sugestion?

Thanks a lot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:08 pm 
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Hi could you clean your installation and try with the latest installer that you can find here :
http://www.autopack.org/install/cinema- ... stallation

let me know if you still encounter any issue.

Ludo