The Molecular Graphics Laboratory Forum

AutoDock, AutoLigand, MGLTools, Vina, PyRx and more.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:10 am 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Just to let you know, I also have seen the problem with the registration screen not visible (half is off of the bottom of the screen).
I am using epmv-blender-2.49b-OSX-10.5-py2.5-intel on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5.8.

cheers,
DrOpp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 pm 
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Problem fix on all platform.

try again thew standalone package:
http://epmv.scripps.edu/download-instal ... nder-2.49b
or If you already have download it, you can simply update it manually following the step describes here :
http://epmv.scripps.edu/download-instal ... -to-update

Ludovic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:24 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Hello and thanks for the tool.

I installed the all-in-one package for linux. Had a few problems that I needed to fix, most of the answers were found in the forum

First I had errors with the SDL lib and needed to 32bit version of the library using
sudo yum install SDL.i686

Next I had to change the preference file for blender, did need a google search to see that the preferences are hidden but was able to get that fixed.

Now my problem is that the registration window pops up but I can't seem to get rid if it, is something running off the bottom of the screen? I just downloaded the package today, do I need to update something?

Thanks

Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:31 pm 
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

hi Andrew,

thanks for sharing your solution.
About the registration windows, in our latest pacakge you can move the window around using the right click button. This apply also to any sub windows of ePMV. If you still have the problem type :
touch ~/.mgltools/1.5.6rc3/.registration but I would prefer not, as we need the registration information.

Ludovic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:39 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Hi all,

I'm currently new on ePMV and also on Blender and I have some trouble to getting started.

I'm using Win7 64 bit.

I've tried to use the standalone version, but it just won't start due to an runtime error, so i tried to install it myself. I started installing Blender 2.62 (I had Blender 2.58 installed in first place and changed it, after i tried to run the script in Blender (same way like i explain in this text), but it won't work, it just showed me the same message like rwalser talked about a few posts before),

then I installed Phyton 2.6.6, then the MGLTools und then I downloaded the ePMV and extracted the files into the MGLTools directory (like mentioned here: http://epmv.scripps.edu/download-instal ... stallation).

But when I load the install_plugin.py in blender and tried to run it, an error-window popped up. telling me that: "Phyton script fail, look in the console for now...". Unfortunally I'm not able to reach the informations in the console again in the new version (Blender 2.62), maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I hope these are the right informations for you to understand my problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Tristan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:52 pm 
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Hi sorry you didnt get it working.
can you download this standalone package, and run it. Let me know if it is working (from http://epmv.scripps.edu/download-instal ... nder-2.60a).

[url]mgldev.scripps.edu/projects/ePMV/DISTRIB/Win32/blender-2.62-win32.zip[/url]

Ludo

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:28 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Hi,

sorry I was busy the last few days, so I couldn't try it out, but now I did. Unfortunately the version you mentioned won't work either. It shows me a Runtime-Error window and by pressing 'Ok' the program freezes and blender shows me a message saying that there is a problem with python encoding (see attached screenshot). I'm not sure what to do next.

Tristan

Attachments:
blender fehler.jpg
blender fehler.jpg [ 16.27 KiB | Viewed 39954 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:43 pm 
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Hi, can you rename the directory to something more usual and don't use special character.
Try F:\blender_molecule\test\blender-2.62-win32\ instead of F:\blender molek?le

Ludo