The Molecular Graphics Laboratory Forum

AutoDock, AutoLigand, MGLTools, Vina, PyRx and more.
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:39 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Hi! I have been having problems installing ePMV for C4D-R12 on Windows 7.

I have tried several times, and in the latest effort, I deleted all my pre-existing downloaded files, re-downloaded all the necessary files (Python26 (under C://), MGLToolsPckgs (under C://Program Files (x86)/), and ePMV and pyubic (under C://Program Files (x86)/MGLToolsPckgs/ - folder settings were set to "write" ie. not "read only"), opened C4D in 32bit mode, went to Python->User scripts->Run scripts->install_plugin.py, and installation seemed to be fine.

I re-opened C4D. Under Python->Plugins, I do see "ePMV" but it doesn't open on the first click. On the second click, it opens a blank window, and when I look at the "Console (Python)..." I see the following errors (see attached file). What is wrong with the installation and how can I fix it??! Thanks!

Bonnie

Attachments:
C4Derror3.jpg
C4Derror3.jpg [ 174.13 KiB | Viewed 2635 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:58 pm 
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

that is strange,

I am wondering, could you type this different line in the console and show me the result.
import mslib
import numpy

Ludovic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:53 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Success! Thank you for your help :) I finally have ePMV running... I figured out that it was the numpy file issue you discussed in the forums.

Whenever I tried to run the install_plugin.py file, it would freeze C4D or the install window wouldn't appear, then I'd have to quit the program and reboot (but I didn't look at the error console at this point - when I did, I found out that the numpy file couldn't be found). When I rebooted C4D and tried to run the file a second time, the install window appeared and the installation seemed to work. Upon rebooting, the plugin really was not functioning and this is when I looked at the error console and sent you the screenshot.

I guess I should have continued with the per-host standalone installer instead of going back to the traditional installation! I deleted all my files and started fresh with the per-host standalone installer and it worked perfectly. Phew! I'm excited to have the program :)

Bonnie