Flexible ligands Bug ?

Python Prescription - Virtual Screening Tool

[PyRx is no longer developed at MGL]

Moderator: sargis

Forum rules
[PyRx is no longer developed at MGL]

Flexible ligands Bug ?

Postby alesser » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:06 am

I think I may have encountered a bug in PyRx ... when I try to make the residues in my macromolecule flexible (it doesnt seem to matter if it's 1 or 2 or 10 residues), I keep getting this error in the stderr:

Code: Select all
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/MGLTools/PyRx/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyRx/wxMainFrame.py", line 295, in TryCommand
    retObject = command(*args, **kw)
  File "/Library/MGLTools/PyRx/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyRx/molNavigator.py", line 191, in OpenMolecule
    self.AddMolecule(mol)
  File "/Library/MGLTools/PyRx/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyRx/molNavigator.py", line 241, in AddMolecule
    assembly = self.GenerateAssambly(mol.allAtoms)
  File "/Library/MGLTools/PyRx/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyRx/molNavigator.py", line 327, in GenerateAssambly
    atoms[0].lenAtoms = lenAtoms # hold to this variables since it used in other places
  File "/Library/MGLTools/PyRx/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/UserList.py", line 31, in __getitem__
    def __getitem__(self, i): return self.data[i]
IndexError: list index out of range

Any ideas on what's wrong/ how to fix it ?

PyRx is SO much easier to use than the regular ADTools set... if it can just duplicate some core functions then I think it will become my preferred tool by far.
alesser
Micromolar User
Micromolar User

Re: Flexible ligands Bug ?

Postby sargis » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:29 pm

Thank you for this message. Could you please attach your pdb file and let me know which residues to select to reproduce this bug? Thank you!
sargis
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Postby alesser » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Sure.. here's the PDB file... it's just PDB entry 1PTR with the ligand deleted via PyMOL..

It seems like adding any residue causes the error.... but two I just verified individually (each one separately selected) that made the error happen are ASN237 and PHE243

Here's the error I get from the logger... in addition to the std error output I noted above.

ERROR|2010-04-06 11:25:32,853|Error in : <bound method MolNavigator.OpenMolecule of <PyRx.molNavigator.MolNavigator; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'wxPyScrolledWindow *' at 0xf9c600> >>
Attachments
1PTR_ProteinOnly.pdb
PDB entry 1PTR with ligand deleted
(30.97 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
alesser
Micromolar User
Micromolar User

Postby sargis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:48 am

Thank you for the PDB file. Now I see where the problem is. I'll need to convert PDB into PDBQT before passing it to AD4FlexibleReceptorPreparation. Please use the following workaround for now:
Right-Click (control-click on Mac) on the name of the molecule and select AutoDock -> Make Macromolecule. After this AutoDock -> Flexible Residues should be able to do its job. Thanks!
sargis
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Postby alesser » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:42 am

So it was nothing specific to that PDB then , but a general program bug ?
alesser
Micromolar User
Micromolar User

Postby sargis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:21 pm

alesser wrote:So it was nothing specific to that PDB then , but a general program bug ?

Right, it was a general program bug. Thanks!
sargis
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Postby xtaldocstein » Mon May 12, 2014 12:51 pm

I get the same exact error within Pymol using the autodock/vina plugin. How do I fix this same bug in Pymol 1.7.0.0?
xtaldocstein
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Return to PyRx