Problem with flexible docking (Windows 0.93)

Python Prescription - Virtual Screening Tool

[PyRx is no longer developed at MGL]

Moderator: sargis

Forum rules
[PyRx is no longer developed at MGL]

Problem with flexible docking (Windows 0.93)

Postby david1985 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:16 pm

Hello,
I'm using PyRx 0.93 on a Windows notebook. I like the Software very much! When docking ligands at a GPCR with about 300 amino acids in the "normal mode" , i.e. without flexible residues, this works quite well. But then I wanted to perform flexible docking, whrereas I flexed about 10-15 residues. My first problem there was that I got an error and the docking of the same ligand always restarted. I could fix this by changing BEGIN_RES %s %s%4s by BEGIN_RES %s %s %s in the file MoleculePreparation.py. Is this the right solution?
But my biggest problem in flexible docking was, that I entered the Vina search space, but afterwards when looking in the conf.txt file I can see, that the standard values of Center_x_y_z and Dimension_x_y_z are used and the Ligand is docked anywhere in and around the receptor. Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you very much for help!
david1985
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Re: Problem with flexible docking (Windows 0.93)

Postby sargis » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Hello,

Thank you very much for using PyRx 0.93! I really appreciate your feedback David.

david1985 wrote:When docking ligands at a GPCR with about 300 amino acids in the "normal mode" , i.e. without flexible residues, this works quite well. But then I wanted to perform flexible docking, whrereas I flexed about 10-15 residues. My first problem there was that I got an error and the docking of the same ligand always restarted. I could fix this by changing BEGIN_RES %s %s%4s by BEGIN_RES %s %s %s in the file MoleculePreparation.py. Is this the right solution?

You are correct. I checked the code; if the reside number is more than 3 digits long, %s%4s won't work and your solution is right.
david1985 wrote:But my biggest problem in flexible docking was, that I entered the Vina search space, but afterwards when looking in the conf.txt file I can see, that the standard values of Center_x_y_z and Dimension_x_y_z are used and the Ligand is docked anywhere in and around the receptor. Is there a solution to this problem?

Sorry about this. It's a new bug I made while implementing an option to work with multiple receptors at once. I made a bug-fix for this and created a new update. Please update using PyRx->Help->Check for Updates... option to apply this fix.

Please let me know if you have questions or need more information.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
sargis
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Return to PyRx