Autodock problem related to dpf file (Windows)

Python Prescription - Virtual Screening Tool

[PyRx is no longer developed at MGL]

Moderator: sargis

Forum rules
[PyRx is no longer developed at MGL]

Autodock problem related to dpf file (Windows)

Postby mhernick » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:02 pm

I am having trouble using autodock in PyRx. I can run Autogrid with no problems. When I try to run Autodock it seems from the log that it is having trouble locating the dpf file:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PyRx\lib\site-packages\PyRx\vsModel.py", line 463, in PrepareDPF
self.dpo.write42(dpf_filename, docking_algorithm_parameter_list)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PyRx\lib\site-packages\AutoDockTools\DockingParameters.py", line 1296, in write42
dpf_ptr = open(filename, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Users\\mhernick\\.mgltools\\PyRx\\Macromolecules\\MshB\\GNI_docking...\\MshB_GNI_docking....dpf'

I notice that there is no .dpf file in the folder that has been created. Is there something I need to do to prepare the .dpf file?

Thanks,
Marcy
mhernick
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Re: Autodock problem related to dpf file (Windows)

Postby sargis » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Thanks for the message Marcy. This has been fixed in the latest version of PyRx - http://pyrx.sourceforge.net/blog/107-py ... nouncement

You can either upgrade PyRx to the latest version or rename this ligand using Windows File Explorer to a shorter name, say GNI. This ligand file is located at C:\Users\mhernick\.mgltools\PyRx\Ligands. PyRx 0.9.1 for Windows is currently only $59.99 and it includes many new features and bug fixes - https://sites.fastspring.com/pyrx/instant/pyrx

Please let me know if you have question or need more information.

Thank you for using PyRx!
Sargis
sargis
Picomolar User
Picomolar User

Re: Autodock problem related to dpf file (Windows)

Postby mhernick » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Thank you Sargis!! Autodock now runs using the shortened ligand name. I'll probably also go ahead and purchase the upgraded version.

Thanks again for your quick response!

Marcy
mhernick
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Return to PyRx