The Molecular Graphics Laboratory Forum

AutoDock, AutoLigand, MGLTools, Vina, PyRx and more.
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:41 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

I have downloaded and installed (via .dmg) no problems. On startup I get an error " _imaging C module is not installed" (pasted below). I found an older post that indicated I should install the Python Imaging Environment (http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/). This did not find support for jpeg, freetype2 or littlecms, and it also did not fix the error below (but perhaps I've put it in the wrong location?).

Could anyone help please? I know enough to mess things up, but not enough to fix them :/

Cheers - Christina

Starting X11
setting PYTHONHOME environment
Run PMV from /Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/MGLToolsPckgs/Pmv
The _imaging C module is not installed
Resource file used to customize PMV: /Users/christina/.mgltools/1.5.6/Pmv/_pmvrc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/MGLToolsPckgs/Pmv/__init__.py", line 381, in runPmv
title=title, withShell= not interactive, verbose=False, gui=gui)
File "/Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/MGLToolsPckgs/Pmv/moleculeViewer.py", line 843, in __init__
trapExceptions=trapExceptions)
File "/Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/MGLToolsPckgs/ViewerFramework/VF.py", line 372, in __init__
verbose=verbose)
File "/Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/MGLToolsPckgs/ViewerFramework/VFGUI.py", line 331, in __init__
self.collapsePhoto = ImageTk.PhotoImage(file=filename)
File "/Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/ImageTk.py", line 116, in __init__
self.paste(image)
File "/Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/ImageTk.py", line 166, in paste
im.load()
File "/Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 155, in load
self.load_prepare()
File "/Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/PngImagePlugin.py", line 339, in load_prepare
ImageFile.ImageFile.load_prepare(self)
File "/Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 221, in load_prepare
self.im = Image.core.new(self.mode, self.size)
File "/Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 35, in __getattr__
raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed
Please install installed to fix this problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:08 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

I do have the same error with image C module. I tried downloading the older version of autodock, after deleting the current version, and that still did not work. It is strange because i had the older version worked on the same computer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:48 pm 
Millimolar User
Millimolar User

Hi,

Try this:

sudo chmod 755 /Library/MGLTools/1.5.6/lib/libjpeg.62.dylib

It appears that the libjpeg library file permissions are set to only rwx------. Once the permissions were changed, the ADT interface fired right up for me.